Cloudbet is excited to announce it has now launched Ethereum betting, which means that customers have a super-fast and ultra-cheap alternative to bitcoin or bitcoin cash. Find out more about this exciting news.
Cloudbet started out as one of the first bitcoin sportsbook and casino operators, back in 2013 and spent the next five years improving its usability and breadth of markets. Having added support for the first bitcoin fork – bitcoin cashback in 2018, we are pleased to announce support for another of the most popular cryptocurrencies – Ethereum.
Bitcoin’s beauty can be summarised in the term ‘unforgeable digital scarcity’. In order to achieve this Satoshi Nakamoto had to make some compromises on transaction speed and on-chain scalability and most bitcoin believers are just fine with that. It did, however, open the door to new crypto variants, such as Ethereum, offering much faster and cheaper transactions. If you want to understand why that is, read this in-depth article exploring Ethereum, but in simple terms speed of Ethereum transactions provide some great advantages for betting at Cloudbet, in addition to the unbeatable odds and high limits already on offer:
- especially suited to live betting where things happen fast
- great for taking advantage of arbitrage opportunities
- ideal for securing value from a tip before the odds move
- a good choice if time is very valuable to you, often the case with VIPs
- a good choice if you want any profits to be immediately available to withdraw
How to bet with Ethereum at CloudBet?
Cloudbet is well known for offering the easiest way to bet with bitcoin and the same is true of Ethereum. Here’s what you need to do to take advantage:
- Open an account – it will take less than a minute
- Send your Ethereum to your Cloudbet wallet directly or via a smart contract*
- Follow these links if you don’t have a Cloudbet wallet or are unsure how/where to buy it.
*Please be aware that if you withdraw to a smart contract you must have enough Gas to cover the execution.
New to Ethereum? Don’t worry.
If you are new to Ethereum don’t worry, to accompany the launch of Ethereum betting we’ve also added a number of articles to help you get started:
- You’ll need an Ethereum wallet – this article recommends two great options
- Understand what advantages Ethereum gives you for gambling
- Read this to understand the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum
Welcome Bonus for new Ethereum customers
So you may be sold on the benefits of betting with Ethereum but if you needed a further incentive all new customers depositing with Ethereum qualify for a 100% Welcome Bonus up to 5 ETH. Open and an account now and take advantage.
Bet with Ethereum.
The original version of the article was published by Cloudbet and is part of the Cloudbet Blog’s series on big-picture blockchain stories. For more in-depth discussions on all things crypto, tune into our In the Cloud section and follow us on Twitter.